Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hot Rod Air ..BB 502 Install Project Post #2

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
A week or so ago I ordered the Hot Rod Air A/C Kit for my 65 502.
This stated a lively back and forth..see the 1st post below.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92624

As promised ..I will be photo documenting the install. Today I received the first shipment from HRA . They sent me the main components and some custom items I will be reviewing for usage. My install is on the custom side so David from HRA is working with me in regards to different options from his inventory.

Still to come is the chromed Compressor and the custom bracket from March Pulleys to mate with my exsisting March set up as well as a few other parts.

One good judge of a Mfg is how he packs and ships his equipment. HRA's box was packed very well and all parts were wraped and packed well as you can see in the pic's. The Box was Wire stapled shut so it wouldn't come apart. The box arrived via UPS with no damage.

Below are a few pic's of the product. Ther are two sets of Vacuum operating controls. I haven't decided which I'm going to use yet. Which ever I don't use ..David will except back for a full credit.

More to come..

The Box as it arrived
acpics1

acpics2.jpg

acpics3.jpg

acpics4.jpg

The Main Unit...Sweet
acpics5.jpg

acpics6.jpg

acpics7.jpg

Controls
acpics8.jpg

acpics9.jpg

Some Of the Goodies..Not all Shown
acpics10.jpg

Okay, listen up folks.

THIS is how to document a project. VNV is laying it all out for us, and I for one certainly appreciate the detail and the photos.

Thanks Buddy. :upthumbs

We'll be paying attention.

Okay, listen up folks.

THIS is how to document a project. VNV is laying it all out for us, and I for one certainly appreciate the detail and the photos.

Thanks Buddy. :upthumbs

We'll be paying attention.

Thanks Bob,
Spoke with David from HRA . March Pulley's will be shipping my set up next week direct to me. The Chrome Crompressor will also drop ship to me next week. If you order a standard 67Heaven Old School kit .. it ships from stock. But ..if your Bling Enabled like me then ya gotta wait a little.

Just keep in mind that he has Kits for you C-1 C-3 guys also. When you first get your vette it's neat to drive around and enjoy it. But.. as time goes on ..you move into the Old Fart mode where A/C is even more enjoyable. I know I have now passed into the OFM.

Also.. here's a new gauge that I've ordered to go with the new chrome A/C Goodies..

bling.jpg

;LOL

:beer

Looking forward to see pics of the install. I'd like to add that to my Vette one day.

Follow along.. it ain't that hard when you have a well made and engineered kit.
We'll see how mine goes..

:beer

Here's my answer to you PM about The posting problem.
Sorry to use this space for this but it's only one post. See how its all their..??

In the return post mode it's not I'll post what it looks like in a few min.

cac.bmp

This is what I'm speaking about... The Screen is cut off and I can't get to the edit mode icon in the far upper right side of the screen....

Doooooooooooohh.. Friggen windows... here's the pic of the reply screen.
Now it works fine in the PM reply bot not the post reply.

cac2.bmp

Looks like some quality equipment.

Bob,

How are you going to loose any weight if you cool down that sweat box?
:L

Mark, thank's for the great pics.

In one of your pics I have just noticed a bunch of vacuum hoses, and got my first shudder. " Vintage " uses these type of valves on some of their systems, and has proven unreliable in the past when used on high performance engines that don't quite have enough vacuum.

Case in point, the 365 HP small block in my red 65 vert. It is running a rather radical cam, so I was obliged to install an additional vacuum canister ( as if I have any space to spare as it was ) and it still takes some coaxing certain days to open the valve and get everything up and running. Not a fun thing to do on a Hot day to be obliged to open the hood to turn on the AC :confused

Keep up the posts, were following your process,,,,,,,,,:eek:hnoes

I will also be needing the name of your " Bling " gauge supplier, since " I have just got off the phone with " Autometer " and they are all out of them. :boogie

Stepinwolf

Mark, thank's for the great pics.

In one of your pics I have just noticed a bunch of vacuum hoses, and got my first shudder. " Vintage " uses these type of valves on some of their systems, and has proven unreliable in the past when used on high performance engines that don't quite have enough vacuum.

Case in point, the 365 HP small block in my red 65 vert. It is running a rather radical cam, so I was obliged to install an additional vacuum canister ( as if I have any space to spare as it was ) and it still takes some coaxing certain days to open the valve and get everything up and running. Not a fun thing to do on a Hot day to be obliged to open the hood to turn on the AC :confused

Keep up the posts, were following your process,,,,,,,,,:eek:hnoes

I will also be needing the name of your " Bling " gauge supplier, since " I have just got off the phone with " Autometer " and they are all out of them. :boogie

Stepinwolf

Heh Bob,
Yes it's Vacuum controlled. The 502 pulls a nice steady 15'' Hg Vacuum at idle with no problem. It has great street manors thru the RPM range so I don't expect to have any problems. I do understand what your talking about though with radical cam's.

I'll shoot you the Bling gauge mfg's name when I get a chance.:boogie

mark......nice package...but then again, i suppose you hear that a lot along the atlantic city boardwalk;LOL

anyway, i should now remind you that eastwood sells a high sparkle powder coat so why don't we pull your engine and sparkly powder coat it?

we'll do it in one piece, i'm sure it will fit in my oven in the garage in ocean city

have a great time at the AC show, i'll log back in when i return from Rome

Arivaderci!

Ciao!

Ciao!

VNV,

We're working on your problem, in the back room. If only we could agree on which of your problems to work on first.

:boogie

Oh boy.......:eek:hnoes

I'll should you the Bling gauge mfg's name when I get a chance.:boogie

Here it is for real. I am not sure if it reads metric Blings or SAE Blings. Either way I think you will be safe if you keep the dial around 3 o'clock.
yhst-5006790027353_1934_29672809

Brand New In Original Packaging 2 inches KRYSTAL Diamond Bling Gauge - The Most Advanced Technology Comes With Crystal, Brushed Titanium and Aluminum Finish Reverse. Easy to Install - All Wiring Preassembled

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom