Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow vs Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

• Millennium Yellow

Votes: 109 53.4%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 97 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ever see a silver taxi cab? :L ;LOL"

Yeah there usually called Mini Vans and driven by soccer moms.:beer

Millennium Yellow - Personalities ranging from outgoing to flamboyant. They like being the center of attention and do well being there. Obviously they like Corvettes and they want to make sure everone else knows itl. They want everyone to understand that their car is faster, more powerful and better looking than whatever the other person is driving. And they make the point by driving a car painted in a real "in your face" color.

Quicksilver - These personalities range from conservative to down right boring (on the surface). Quiksilver people, I being one of them, have the same feelings about their Corvettes as the Millennium Yellow folks - but they express it differently. They like the stealth approach. Sneaking up behind other perfomance cars and putting the fear of God in them is always fun. Or making a very high speed pass on an unsuspecting victum is a real kick. "You know I never even saw him coming". And then there is one other big difference. Quilksilver people never run the risk of waking up some morning, walking out into the garage and saying "what was I thinking?"
Your pm made me dig this up to revisit this one more time. Just to flog that horse a little bit more.

So I'm curious Remo. You've spent some time around me- would you say that I'm outgoing, or flamboyant?
I wish I was outgoing, and maybe I do a good job of trying, but I think I fit more into the quicksilver personality category. Conservative and even boring. I'm afraid I may have missed my mark with the yellow.... I think I'll step out to the garage for a moment and gaze upon it....
OH MY GOD!!!!
What was I THINKING!?!????

:L :L :L

Tammy

There's an old adage that goes, "when you've got IT, flaunt it" !
138Vette_6.jpg

Hey Mickey, nice photo! welcome to the CAC. Good philosophy.

Let me whisper to you the secret handshake, and then you can come join the Flaunt It club here: click. :D

Tammy

Millennium Yellow to me looks better (especially on zo6's) but there is only one problem, Cops, They will reconize any car that bright,

The yellow just screams Look at me!

The quicksilver is better for use whole like to stay under the radar.

younggun said:
Millennium Yellow to me looks better (especially on zo6's) but there is only one problem, Cops, They will reconize any car that bright,

The yellow just screams Look at me!

The quicksilver is better for use whole like to stay under the radar.

Ah, but when they do look, they are so stricken with awe that they forget about determining if you're speeding :L In those few extra moments, there is time to ease it down a bit. I think the yellow actually gives a bit of an advantage ;)

MsSchroder said:
Hey Mickey, nice photo! welcome to the CAC. Good philosophy.

Let me whisper to you the secret handshake, and then you can come join the Flaunt It club here: click. :D

Tammy

Yes, indeed, Mickey- read that Millenium Yellow thread carefully. Especially when you get to Tammy's post No. 61 (approximately page 5). It gets interesting there... :D

-Patrick

MsSchroder said:
Ah, but when they do look, they are so stricken with awe that they forget about determining if you're speeding :L In those few extra moments, there is time to ease it down a bit. I think the yellow actually gives a bit of an advantage ;)

Very true, but the cops in my neck of wood are sneaky and with two or three ferraris going around town a
vette isn't that awe strickening to them any more :cry
So i would really need a black one to stay under their radar

MsSchroder said:
So I'm curious Remo. You've spent some time around me- would you say that I'm outgoing, or flamboyant? I wish I was outgoing, and maybe I do a good job of trying, but I think I fit more into the quicksilver personality category. Conservative and even boring. I'm afraid I may have missed my mark with the yellow.... I think I'll step out to the garage for a moment and gaze upon it....
OH MY GOD!!!!
What was I THINKING!?!????

:L :L :L

Tammy

Tammy,

You're perfect - beautiful in every way. You'ld look good in any color vette. Now here's a confession for you and all. I really do like the millenium vettes. There are a couple of them on the CAC with pictures that really capture that millenium look we all love. Yours and Tony Perrone's (Z OH 6).

Remo:cool

Yellow rules!!! Man I would wear yellow shoes in a yellow Vette! Plus yellow shows better in other peoples rearview!

Remo, you're a sweetie. If you were in the cruisefest car show I'd be inclined to think you're working on my vote :L
I saw a silver C6 Z06 at Cruisefest, and it was awesome. I think I could stand to wake up every morning with that in the garage.
Check it out:
5442IMG_2000_Large_.JPG

We just bought our MY vert about a month ago. We had narrowed our choices to bright red, silver, blacktimes3, and MY, all with black tops. I made an offer on a triple black and then found the one that we purchased. After a month, I'm convinced that we made the right choice.

darkredlt1 said:
We just bought our MY vert about a month ago. We had narrowed our choices to bright red, silver, blacktimes3, and MY, all with black tops. I made an offer on a triple black and then found the one that we purchased. After a month, I'm convinced that we made the right choice.
Congrats on your MY Roadster and your 1st CAC Post!

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

darkredlt1-

Welcome to the CAC. Yes, you made the right decision :)
Especially since, at least for the forseeable future, MY's are no longer being produced.

Well, I didn't have any choice, since I bought mine pre-owned. It had all the options and Targa top that I required. My first choice would have been the really dark blue. I got silver. Color choice was down on the list of have to haves. I had to have the 6 speed, HUD, and dual zone air with the targa top. The one I got had all that and more (both tops), and sport seating with active handling and Z51.

There are a lot of grey/silver cars on the road, I blend in a little better and have avoided a few tickets I'm sure. I've deceided that I'm going to dress up the outside with a few chrome goodies. I even considered a two tone, but that will never happen - Ron

At my age, this may be the last Corvette or for that matter performance car I will own and so, I had to make the BEST choice. Quicksilver! If you're in your 60s, you probably know that we take an awful lot of abuse from friends and co-workers simply because we own a Corvette, like: What is this your second childhood?, or Oh, now you're trying to be a teenager? That would have been bad enough, but if the color had been MY, I can't imagine what the comments might have been. I have to agree with someone's post who said insects like the MY color an awful lot. My friend says the insects are trying to mate with his MY Vette...he's probably right! QS, the only logical, grown up choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom