Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow vs Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

• Millennium Yellow

Votes: 109 53.4%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 97 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger that!

Works for this old guy

Wyodude said:
At my age, this may be the last Corvette or for that matter performance car I will own and so, I had to make the BEST choice. Quicksilver! If you're in your 60s, you probably know that we take an awful lot of abuse from friends and co-workers simply because we own a Corvette, like: What is this your second childhood?, or Oh, now you're trying to be a teenager? That would have been bad enough, but if the color had been MY, I can't imagine what the comments might have been. I have to agree with someone's post who said insects like the MY color an awful lot. My friend says the insects are trying to mate with his MY Vette...he's probably right! QS, the only logical, grown up choice!

Silver gets my vote.

On my most recent trip back to Mecca (Bowling Green) we had the chance to do the plant tour. In a word A-W-S-O-M-E.....It appeared to me that the majority of the cars on the assembly line were not Silver or White, but about equally Black, Red and Blue....Go figure.

I only saw 3-4 Zo6's and they were all the new Orange color...whatsitcalled?

Anyway, the quality control looks to be excellent, the only thing I saw that needs re-thinking is the position of the satellite/GPS antenna on the Verts....crappy, looks like a CB antenna without the whip on it......I asked one of the line employees about it and he said there had been several "suggestions" from employees as well. The Cadillac XLR has 2 of the GPS antennas located in the rear view mirror....very cool

Like both colors,my last Vette was Silver and now have the Millenium Yellow.When I bought the C6 I really wanted it to get everyones attention,so I chose Yellow.But I think Silver is very elegant and a great color on a Vette.

Hey Tammy, Hey 6Shooter,

This thread is still alive. And the results remain pretty close. Here's another one of my "rationalizations". The reason you M.Y. folks continue to have a slight edge is because, being extraverts, you can't wait to tell the world how cool Millennium Yellow is. Conversely, some of the silver people, being more conservative, are reluctant to go public with their thoughts. What so you think about that line of reasoning?

Remo:cool

Remo said:
Hey Tammy, Hey 6Shooter,

This thread is still alive. And the results remain pretty close. Here's another one of my "rationalizations". The reason you M.Y. folks continue to have a slight edge is because, being extraverts, you can't wait to tell the world how cool Millennium Yellow is. Conversely, some of the silver people, being more conservative, are reluctant to go public with their thoughts. What so you think about that line of reasoning?

Well said!
101_0108.jpg

Hope to have some new pics this weekend!

JoeMackin said:
Remo,

I think your a nut.:crazy So how come your not drivin MY.

Joe,

I "am" nuts. And the next Corvette I buy will probably be MY. I actually love the color. However, that hasn't stopped me from drawing some conclusions (all in fun) between the kinds of people that chose Millennium Yellow and Quicksilver.

Remo,

I was a "silver" person all my early years too. It is just taking you a little longer than most to succumb to the wild yellow force within.
I see now, with your confession, it is all over but the shouting.
Soon you will join the bright side. You could be a powerful ally, young Jedi.
:L

Tammy

I know Remo and he's MORE than nuts ;), but it will be a cold day when he buys an MY vette. If I know his wife, Paula will say two words, "Too Flashy." ;LOL

Remo - We'll see you and Paula around noon for lunch where we'll continue the discussion :bash.

:w
Guy

Remo said:
Hey Tammy, Hey 6 Shooter,

Yes - I'd say that's a pretty darn good assumption, Millennium Yellow/Yellow Corvette owners are usually out there. :_rock

Hope to see ya on the Bright Side. ;)

Later . . . . .
6 Shooter

Remo,
You aren't nuts for being partial to yellow. You're bananas. ;)

-Patrick

Vote Now

Come on you silver supporters lets get a few more votes and finally pull ahead of these Millennium Yellow people.

Thats easy Millennium Yellow.

6 Shooter said:
Poll Results: Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
94 54.02%

Quicksilver
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
8146.55%
Closer than I thought it would be. I fell for a 1970 Yellow stingray in 1970 that is when it happened to me, :drool: although I do like the quicksilver too and voted for it.

When I was in high school, the biggest bully in town (whose father was also rich) had a new yellow '67 big block. This guy wailed on me and my friends when we were in Jr. High on a regular basis. He was big, rich, a year older and a real a**hole. So, as much as I like 'em in yellow, it's just not for me.

I bought Machine Silver because I fell in love with one on the Dealer's showroom. It reflected all the right curves!

6 Shooter said:
Glad to see the numbers bother ya
Poll Results: Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
94 54.02%

Quicksilver
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
8146.55%

BUSTED!

Dwayne, this is your official push under the bus. :L

Hey, I'm just lookin' out for my boy, Remo.
:cool

-Patrick

Patrick said:
BUSTED!

Dwayne, this is your official push under the bus. :L

Hey, I'm just lookin' out for my boy, Remo.
:cool

-Patrick

Millennium Yellow
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
9553.98%Quicksilver
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
8246.59%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom